December 17th, 2009
310 Rosemont: All About Label Envy
In 7 Words: Cocktails, Designer, Denim, Diane, von, Furstenberg, Accessories
As if a woman actually even needs a “reason” to go shopping, I find myself thrilled to make use of a beautiful Houston Saturday to update you, fine Loopsters – on some great places around town to shop! First stop: 310 Rosemont.
This place is a great find for designer labels sans the Galleria parking. The self described “high-end men’s and women’s boutique specializing in great fashion and denim” carries about 20 designer lines including Joes, William Rast, Hudson, Red Engine, Tag, and Prvcy . While perusing tables stocked with trousers, I eagerly eyed a dark pair of Joes (perhaps a Christmas gift to myself?). Quickly, it becomes apparent that the owners’ have an obvious appreciation for the power of a nice fitting pair of jeans.
Looking around, this boutique feels more like a swanky lounge, complete with five chandeliers, fun mix of current tunes playing and a full bar. After learning that the owner of Belvedere, in Uptown Park, is one of five 310 Rosemont partners, you begin to understand why a full bar would be available to shoppers. (What a great idea, right?) After enjoying a martini and some music while trying on designer duds, you begin to question why all boutiques aren’t like this. Not only offering a strong pour,Kahia and Mike were knowledgeable on labels and inventory and eager to answer questions about the lines and the store. Forget the term salesperson; consider them a personal fashion consultant. You’ll love “Mike & Kahia’s top 10 picks“, which you can find on 310’s website – check out pick #3. Unbeknownst to me, this chic boutique has been hiding under our noses for about two years now! And they are looking to become a destination store for exclusive designer lines in Houston.
For the ladies, the walls were lined with great pieces by the likes of Fifteen-Twenty, Monrow, BCBG, Nicole Miller, Graham and Spencer, Velvet and Diane von Furstenberg. You can find a signature DVF wrap dress, cute boho top by Rebecca Taylor, modern and trendy vest by Monrow or a beautiful cobalt blue silk dress by Tibi for your holiday party. They have great day and night fashion, from boho chic to evening cocktail. And not to forget the gentlemen, the racks were stocked with fashion forward button downs by Hause of Howe, athletic wear by Fred Perry or Motor Sport tees. The store is teeming with eclectic accessories for both sexes, displaying cases and counters of funky belt buckles, leather cuffs and bracelets, scarves, purses and jewelry. Expect to spend a pretty penny but get great, exclusive looks to show off “while out on the Htown”, so to speak.
Stocking stuffer ideas:
- New three layer Leather bracelets by Dogeared for under $30
- Cute Make A Wish necklaces by Dogeared for under $30
- My personal favorite was the “hot chick” necklace, a sterling silver chick on red silk string that comes complete with card and message: “Make a wish and put on your necklace. Get it, Girl! Nobody works it like you. You are one hot chick! When your necklace wears off, your wish is ready to come true!”
- Evelyn Gorman, former local boutique owner turned fashion consultant, returns to Houston and is bringing even more designer lines to 310 Rosemont.
- Look for labels like Halston, A Peace Treaty, Levi’s Vintage and Simon Miller in the Spring.
- Sign up for the mailing list and you will learn about sales and fun events, like a shopper appreciation event at the Belvedere on the 16th.
- Creative event planning: 310 Rosemont is available for private parties.
Where – 1965 W. Gray Ave, Houston, TX 77019 (View Map)
What – Designer lines and jeans, unique accessories, and a full bar
How Much – apparel: $$$ and accessories: $$
Who – This is a pet friendly store!
When – Monday – Saturday: 10:30am-8pm and Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Web – 310rosemonthouston.com or check out their Facebook Fan Page