January 24th, 2011
What’d We Miss 1.24.11
It’s Monday. You’re bored at work. So are we. That’s why we’re going to go back through some of our favorite time-wasting links from last week and hand them over to you. Enjoy.
- We had this debate when we first started up The Loop Scoop. I have always been a two-space man, myself. Richard, the more seasoned typographer argued his way into us using only one space after a period. Not only did he win… It turns out he was correct. (via @AIGAHouston)
- Take a trip over to producer Dan Workman’s blog to read about his experience in recording the newest Roky Moon & Bolt album live at the Sugarhill studios. Then make sure you read Marc Brubaker’s column in the Houston Press. We were excited to hear about RM&B’s new endeavor before we got the inside scoop. Needless to say, we’re even more excited now.
- I was recruited to the dark side known as Netflix about a month ago. It turns out that the search for movies (especially those available for instant streaming) is as fun if not more so than watching the movies themselves. Have a look at some of the hidden gems discovered by hammertonail.com and you’ll see what I mean. I highly recommend “Moon” if you haven’t seen it already.
- Stephan, especially, likes to make fun of hipsters. I personally think it’s because he’s one at heart. Hipster or not, you can’t help but find the above video (via TheDailyWhat) funny.
- Yeah, we know, Joe Sports Fan, you’re Favre’d out. Even if you’re not a sports fan you’re tired of Brett Favre. In between your disgust with Favre, you managed to get Lebron’d out. Well, what if we combined your distaste for both individuals into one video. “What should I do,” brought to you as only Favre could.
- Ted Talks… Some of them are ridiculous. Admit it. Here’s a list of some of them that haven’t made the cut over the years. Just so you know, it’s a satirical list. You know that because it is published by McSweeney’s.